Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: G2K (question for you gamers)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    G2K (question for you gamers)

    got a question for all you gamers out there. It seems G2K gives more store credit and their used games are cheaper than say Gamestop but it seems a lot of people go to the tricity's to do game trade and purchaces. Is it because there is something to do over there or just want to get out of Wise Co. or what and why??
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: G2K (question for you gamers)

    Because G2k doesn't give out enough store credit, etc for games. Gamestop gives out more.
    For example, I got credit for a game I had, I think I got $10 or so... and well like a week went by and I still had the receipt and money they gave me and I wanted the game back, just even trade. They said NO,because it was theirs now and they wanted more than what they gave me and that I wasn't the person who traded it in. So I was like whatever, no big deal, so I go to Gamestop and they have a copy of it in stock... for $10 less than G2k. So, I came out on top of the deal. Also at Gamestop you trade in any three games and automatically get %10 off, and I mean any three games you want.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: G2K (question for you gamers)

    I have been less than impressed with G2K and the service they provide. I have purchased a couple of used games there in the past with mixed results.

    If they think I'm selling them a game for $5 and then watching them turn around and sell it for $20, they must be smoking some strong weed.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: G2K (question for you gamers)

    Haha that's nothing.

    My experience has nothing to do with gaming.

    Try buying $250 worth of books at the Berea College Bookstore and when you try and sell two of them back that you payed $35 for you get a $1 offer for it.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: G2K (question for you gamers)

    College texts are the biggest ripoff I know of.

    During my last semester, I didn't even bother to buy 3 of the 5 books I needed. The professor didn't often refer to the text and I didn't feel like paying $400 for 3 books that I would never use again.

    Higher education is a major state-sanctioned scam.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: G2K (question for you gamers)

    LOL, I love it here but I thought I'd show ya something bigger than G2K ripoffs.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member The Dawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2006
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: G2K (question for you gamers)

    [ QUOTE ]
    College texts are the biggest ripoff I know of.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    That's true if you're paying for it out of you're own pocket. But what if the state, or anybody else for that matter, is giving you money to pay for them that you don't have to give back? Then any amount of money you get for the books is great since it's free money you didn't have before.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •